Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Humans and the Universe

On the way driving home tonight, my partner and I were discussing a local law that we have here. I was thinking to myself how very small humans are when you look at the universe. And how unimportant all these social norms, laws, rules, and expectations really are in the scheme of things. It's a humbling thought, when you consider how tiny we think we are, and how tiny we possibly could be. Perhaps our entire universe is no more than a quantum particle, which makes up an atom on the back of a drake somewhere. And that drakes universe is another quantum bit and so on... Who knows? it is all speculation on our part. Even the calculations we currently have, our ours and ours alone!
All we have is the here and the now, all we have are our emotions, think about it they are us. Even logic, it just feels right, right? Well this is what I have been thinking anyway.

My favorite all time saying is from Monty Python's Meaning of Life, and is in the Galaxy song, which I managed to find on Youtube for your entertainment:


Have fun, and "Just remember when you feeling very small and insecure how amazingly unlikely is your birth, and pray that there is intelligent life somewhere up in space cos there is bugger all down here on earth."

So I guess all I have left to say is; have fun and enjoy life. There is nothing else, so "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life":

0 comments: