Saturday, October 13, 2007

Adding a Touch of Life to your Home

I have two new plants in my collection, one is of the Kalanchoe variety, and the other is a Scwarzkopf, or Black Tree.

The Kalanchoe is a flowering succulent, there where many different colours and types, yet I picked one which has flowers the same colour as the tips of it's leaves it looks so cool.
Kalanchoe pictured below:
The Scwarzkopf is the most interesting plant I've ever owned, it moves and twists all day. It changes shape, moving so quickly that within ten minutes it can look like a completely different plant. It has the most wonderful rich purple leaves, I really Love it.
Scwarzkopf pictured at the top and below:

I'm starting to get a massive collection of succulents, I've got heaps on new cuttings in the garden which are doing really well too. I think it's amazing how something as simple as a few plants can brighten up a home so much.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hello! Love your black succulent...wish I had one that large...it sounds very cool...gonna be watching for one!
Julie

Kris said...

Thanks Julie, yes it certainly is a lovely one. I've never seen one like it before, so I grabed it. Good luck finding one.

Anonymous said...

Since the country look has undergone transformation over the years, it has improved and taken in a wider variety of distinctive attributes. http://www.general-leads.com/Home-Improvement/Add-a-touch-of-the-country-to-your-home.html