Saturday, June 7, 2008

New Beginnings

As a result of some person issues I've been unable to write for a while. I've also put on some weight and lost muscle. Not working out, and eating quick meals will do that to you ;-)
I've been really dreading starting to work out again. It's been on mind for days, yet I just couldn't seem to find the motivation to start.

This afternoon I figured, I'll just start small. I went for a 30 min walk, then started riding the exercise bike for 10 minutes. The 10 minutes soon turned to 20, I was feeling really good. In the end I managed to do a short weight routine, and a bit of work on the fit ball.

I feel more energized than I have for months, it's awesome. I love how working out can make you feel so alive, even though your tired and sore. I'm so glad that I've started again, I'm not going to rush things though, the last thing I want is to hurt myself and have to stop again. I just want to feel fit and healthy once more.

The hardest thing is finding the motivation to start. This is the same for most things in life, just finding the strength in yourself to start, no matter what it is you want to do. Once you start it's easy, once you start it's hard to stop.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

hey! I found your blog and thought that I would comment:] Can't wait for more posts!