Sunday, May 13, 2007

Veronica, you will be greatly missed

It has been exactly one month since Veronica died. She used to live next door to me, a lovely old lady, whom I always got along with really well. I felt a sense of happiness and peace for her when she moved on. Her last few years were certainly not happy ones. Veronica was 87 years old when she died.

There have been many occasions when Ronnie (as I always called her) and I would sit and chat. She was such a wise, and knowledgeable person. Yet over and over again I watched people not listen to her, not let her finish what she was saying. Yes it took her a long time to say things, but that didn't mean that what she said was irrelevant. To often we listen to the way something is said instead of what is said.

Ronnie shared with me many stories, stories of how her father looked after her when she was a little girl, he would by her dolls and dresses, and make sure that she always looked pretty.
She explained the dances they used to have in such detail, I felt as though I was there. She told me how the boys had to sit on the other side of the hall, and how the girls would giggle and joke about the boys, and how they would dance the night away. She told me about the dresses they would wear, covered in lace, and trinkets. Her daddy chose her an army man to marry. She said that he looked so handsome in his uniform. Stories of her girlfriends, and her family, where many.

Most of the other things that we discussed where current events. Yet I wanted everyone that reads my blog to know about Ronnie, that she was here, that she enriched my life, and now that she has moved on I hope that she has found the peace and love that she was searching for.
Thank you Ronnie!

0 comments: