Friday, August 31, 2007

Of life and death

It happens to us all, the cycle of life catches us up, and we move on. I have been away for the past couple of weeks as a member of my family passed on.
My life has been turned upside down, given a little shake, and the ripples are still being felt.

I've had people around me die before, yet until now; I've never seen death.

It's a strange thing watching as someones body gives out, it changes you. Watching as they take their last breath. Feeling the energy dissipate from the body, leaving a shell. It's unlike anything I imagined. The realisation of how fragile life is, of how important it is to enjoy every moment, hits like a massive wave.

I feel the need to examine what is important, and to clear out the clutter. To have have fun, laugh, dance and sing, after all what else is there?.
I want to get to the end of my life saying "Wooohooo I made it!", not "Oh shit..."

Leave with no regrets...

0 comments: