Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fresh Glass of Water?

The other day I recieved a graphic example of how well my water filter works. I've had many people ask me why I filter my water, and there are many good reasons to do it. If I could afford to I would filter all of the water that comes into my home!

I have a Brita water jug, and all of our drinking water, including water for our plants, and the kettle goes through the jug. At the Brita (Australia) website there is a really good explanation as to why you would want to filter your water? if you would like more information.

A few days ago the council was working on our water pipes, and they turned off the water for about seven hours, when it came back on, it was not pretty. Pictured right, is how it looked after the tap had been running for about 10 minutes. I didn't want to wash my hands under that, let alone drink it. It has since slightly improved, although still a little orange, (I'm shuddering right now!)

I thought this was a perfect time to test the water filter, I should note: the filter needed changing, so it was on it's last legs at this stage.
Pictured Right the water before and Pictured Left the water afterwards. I was so impressed, this really made me see why my partner said that it was so important to have a water filter.
I get to have a fresh glass of water without all those chemicals and crap woohoo!!!

You can clearly see in this picture below the water at the top, out of the tap, and the water below, after being through the filter. I honestly don't know what I would do without my filter, it is amazing!

0 comments: