Sunday, September 23, 2007

Slice Anyone?

We have a new kitchen appliance in our home, and it's wonderful. It has taken me a little while to get used to the way that it works, however now I can have fresh bread, pizza dough, cake mix or anything else I can imagine to mix, or cook in a Bread Maker.

Making your own bread, without a bread maker, can be a bit of a trial, it takes a long time, and the things that can go wrong are numerous, but it does save you a lot of money.

Now that we have a bread machine I don't have to worry, we can make a loaf of bread for between $0.75 and $1.25, (Considering the average loaf of bread is around $3 AUD I'm not whining) and it's really easy to use. It took me a bit of experimentation to discover what was the right mix of ingredients for my machine (each one varies), but now that I've worked it out it's really simple.

I certainly think that it is worth the money, and I wouldn't take it back. Not only is it easy and fun to make but the smell of fresh bread is amazing. The other big bonus is that I know Exactly what's in my bread, no preservatives or nasties just what I put in. I love it, and the birds seem to appreciate the leftovers too ;)

Below is my first ever loaf of bread from our bread maker...

0 comments: