Friday, July 27, 2007

Fresh Natural Home Made Yoghurt

Yesterday my partner brought me an Easiyo yoghurt maker. We just took the first batch out.
It's really yummy :D.

We brought the Natural Plain Unsweetened. I thought it would taste a little bitter, but it was so beautiful.

It was incredibly easy to make with the yoghurt maker.

  • Half-fill the yoghurt jar with cold water (personally I use filtered water).
  • Pour in the sachet.
  • Put the lid on and shake the jar really well.
  • Then fill the jar to the top with water, and re-shake.
  • Pour boiling water into the yoghurt Maker to the top of the baffle.
  • Place jar inside the yoghurt Maker.
  • Leave sitting for between 8 and 24 hours (until set).
  • Then store the yoghurt jar in the refrigerator.
To add to the taste a little, Daz made a bowl of pineapple yoghurt. To do this all he did was chop up a bit of pineapple (to taste) then added about a teaspoon of raw sugar. It was perfect.


Edit: After leaving the yoghurt in the fridge all night I had some more. It had set really nicely, and was even more tasty than before.

I want to learn now how to keep the cultures going so that I don't have to keep buying the sachet's.
I want to know exactly what I'm putting in my families food.

0 comments: